Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site or place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information,
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information within a reasonable time.
How we use collected information
ABC Signs collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information from us, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Request for California Privacy Information” for the subject of your message. We will send you a reply e–mail within 30 days containing the requested information once we confirm your request. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only that information which is covered will be included in our response.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our Site does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
Individuals in the European Union (EU) may have certain rights with respect to their Personal Data, including the rights to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data;
- request information about our processing, including categories of your Personal Data collected, information about the source of that collection, the purposes of processing, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your Personal Data has been or will be disclosed;
- restrict or object to how we process your Personal Data;
- withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Data in some circumstances;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- receive your Personal Data provided to us or have that Personal Data transmitted to another controller without hindrance (also known as “data portability”)
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at: email@example.com.
We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity prior to disclosing any information to you. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identity will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note we transfer your information, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there. Your submission of information to us represents your consent to that transfer. Please note the EU has not adopted an adequacy decision with respect to data transfers to the United States, nor are we a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield; however, we value your privacy and protect your data using reasonable information security practices.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
2336 Iowa St.
Cincinnati, OH 45206
This document was last updated on Jun 22, 2022